Monday, May 30, 2011

UPDATE

So has it been awhile, or is it just me? Perhaps it's both.

Since the last time I updated my internationally syndicated blog "Useful Nonsense," I've seen quite a few changes in my life. My last post was about how I was struggling with P90X. I ultimately postponed my fitness adventure until I had the time and determination to finish it. I ended up starting again mid-February and finished day 90 on May 14. I have never felt better! If you're interested in changing your life I highly recommend it. I plan on starting again very soon. I'm starting to miss the feeling of being sore.

I also happened to graduate college in December. I guess having absolutely nothing to do during the day helped persuade me to become active again. But unlike most college graduates I had no job to go to afterward. Most young men and women with a four year college degree end up earning six bajillion figures in their first six months out of college. I am earning four figures, at best. I do have a job, but I only get 10-12 hours a paycheck -- AND THAT'S A GOOD TWO WEEKS. I've been applying for real jobs everyday, but no one seems to think my BA or resume is all that impressive. Maybe it's a product of our struggling economy or maybe there just aren't any jobs available for what I chose to specialize in, but the whole situation is just plain frustrating. I'm thankful to not have any debt or student loans and I'm thankful to have such a financially supportive mom and dad, but I just want to be independent. I want to be poor on my own and know what it's like to live paycheck to paycheck. It sounds self-deprecating, but we can learn so much from making it through tough times. And I'm ready to start learning again.

By the way, if you're reading this and you have a job opening, get in contact with me. I'm quite good at everything and more than qualified for whatever you have open. Trust me.

For full disclosure, I'm typing this while at work. There's lots of downtime for what they have me doing, so you just might be seeing more updates!

That's it for now. I've run out of things to write/rant about. Check back often for updates -- and maybe more videos. If you're lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Going back to school for a Masters of some sort will help your cause, but that right now is even a long shot.

    ReplyDelete